2021 Taxes: Click Here
ITIN Changes

If you or any of your dependents need an ITIN, you can apply through the W-7 form. Please bring passport OR birth certificate and consular ID for the person who needs to get an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). See more information on this link (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/revised-application-standards-for- itins)


We want to tell you that the IRS has already started sending letters to the Taxpayers informing them of the ITIN numbers that must be renewed.

In summary, the 3 groups of ITIN that IRS has asked to renew are:

1st GROUP: 78 and 79

2nd GROUP: 70,71,72 and 80

3rd GROUP: 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81 and 82.

Keep in mind that ITIN’s that haven’t been used on a tax return for Tax Year 2014, Tax Year 2015 or Tax Year 2016 expired on December 31, 2017.

IRS announced the law changing ITIN’s rules:  (IR-2016-100, Aug 4, 2016).

“WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today announced important changes to help taxpayers comply with revisions to the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) program made under a new law. The changes require some taxpayers to renew their ITIN’s beginning in October.”

The new law will mean ITIN’s that haven’t been used on a federal tax return at least once in the last three years will no longer be valid for use on a tax return unless renewed by the taxpayer. In addition, ITIN’s issued prior to 2013 that have been used on a federal tax return in the last three years will need to be renewed starting this fall, and the IRS is putting in place a rolling renewal schedule, described below, to assist taxpayers.

If taxpayers have an expired ITIN and don’t renew before filing a tax return next year, they could face a refund delay and may be ineligible for certain tax credits, such as the Child Tax Credit and the American Opportunity Tax Credit, until the ITIN is renewed. (Source: IRS Website)​

If any of these Services interested you, please contact us now!